Wednesday, October 8, 2014

First paper Piecings

These were my very first paper piecings.  I got them from too cute by Jessica.  They took me way longer than they should have to figure out.  That was my fault.  I just got the Silhouette Came and I didn't really know anything about it, I thought I would just figure it all out on my own.  I didn't know how to separate them as a group so I released the compound path, which on these particular shapes released some of the triangles down the back from each other and from themselves.  I had to piece 2 pieces back together to make one triangle, then it cut all the triangles separately instead of keeping it as a border.  I liked the way they turned out and I was proud of myself for my first job, but I knew there had to be an easier way.  I needed to do some research on the machine.


No comments:

Post a Comment