Tuesday, December 8, 2015

3D

I have been very intimidated to try anything in the 3D realm.  I found this Nativity 3D box card at Dreaming Tree http://www.3dsvg.com/shop/cards-svg-files/nativity-paperscape-box-card-svg/ I knew my parents would LOVE to get this so I thought I needed to at least try.  (I have also seen a really cool nativity set on cricut but not sure if that file would transfer as an svg so I could use it with my silhouette) Anyway, turns out it is not as scary as I thought.  This actually came together pretty easily.  I watched the tutorial several times and took each step very slowly, but I probably didn't need to, it was rather simple.  There are a few things I would alter to this card if I made it again.  For my first try, I wanted to do everything exactly as it was laid out.  I just went and bought some little tealights to put in it, I haven't tried them yet but I hope it looks as cool as the display at the store.  I will probably give this to them with their gift and send another card in the mail, because they love getting mail.  Sorry this is not a great picture.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Your card is very pretty! Congrats on your win at Honeybearzdesigns 12 days of Christmas!

    ReplyDelete