Tuesday, February 10, 2015

First Card

This is my first attempt at making a card.  I thought it was pretty good, until I look at other people's homemade cards and they are SO detailed.  Sometimes scrapbooking can be discouraging...just when you think you are starting to catch on, they add something else and at least for me, I am always behind the latest trends and coolest styles.  But for what I need this card is great and I am happy.  I just need to stop comparing myself to other people.

On to the details of the card.  I LOVE this file Father's Day 2014 http://scrappydew.cartloom.com/shop/item/105708 I think he is just the cutest little guy.  I saw him and knew this would be the perfect file for a Birthday card for my husband.  This is going to sound a little silly but I love the hair.  When you have all boys, there is not much variety in the character files, except the hair.  That is the great thing about Scrappy Dew Files, there are so many different hair styles!  One of these days I am going to get the Scrap Factory so I can just make my own little boys but until then I am grateful there is a nice selection to choose from.  I made the present myself and I believe the balloons came from Birthday Boy Cake Smash 2013 (another really cool file) http://scrappydew.cartloom.com/shop/category/22/birthday.  The balloon streamers are just from ribbon.  I am trying different things with the eyes, I like how these ones turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment