Thursday, August 27, 2015

LSHD Fall challenge

I have been trying to get all caught up on all the pieces I thought I would have plenty of time to do on my vacation.  I think I am almost there!  Little Scraps of Heaven's challenge this time is just to do anything with a fall theme.  I of course chose to do a layout.  I used the moose with leaf chain file.  I sure have a hard time layering papers...most of the time I struggle with matching patterns together, this time I was having a hard time with angling the back papers...it just wasn't straight...lol.  I am trying to open up my talents and try new things but I seem to revert to what I know and they all seem very similar.  I know I am going to have to go outside my comfort zone and take time to practice new things if I want to grow.  I made the title using the Narnia font.
Looking at it now, I made the opposite mistake this time...I should have made the moose bigger.  Usually I go to place my pieces and they are too big.  (I make my pieces before deciding a layout...I base my layout on what will fit/work with the pieces I want to use....how do you usually do yours?)  I wasn't sure what to do besides the moose, title and photo mats.  I wanted to add something around the edges but found I barely have any fall items.  I decided to put the leaves on and the ribbon at the bottom.  I feel like he still needs something around him.  Maybe some more leaves by his feet or a piece of paper to make a ground???  We will see if I add anything before it is counted as finished. 
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment