Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Anniversary Card

I made this card using the scrap factory program from Scrappy Dew with the couples expansion pack.   http://www.scrappydew.com/collections/scrap-factory-expansion-packs/products/scrap-factory-couples-expansion-pack/?aff=4 The couple turned out so cute!  I knew just what I wanted to do with them!  The card was from Monica's Creative Room http://monicascreativeroom.se/category/cutting-files/cards/gate-fold-cards/
It is a beautiful card.  I was having a hard time with my paper snagging.  I tried a couple of times but it still ended up with a couple of tiny snags in the top heart...there are also hearts on both of the front flaps.

The thing I learned with making this card is that I am starting to craft for the wrong reasons.  I had a comment that I make too many layouts...but layouts are what I do.  I am not a card person, I like to get cards, especially home made, but I don't send cards out to anyone.  So I started to try to make cards so I wasn't just doing layouts...and I do give cards occassionally, but I just find my heart isn't in it.  Sometimes cards are easier to do, but I just don't care enough to glam them up since most people throw them away after reading them...poo on me, I know.  So this card, and another layout I did I found that I was worrying about what the people online would think of it.  They won't like it, how can I change it, it's not fancy enough, it looks like it is from a child....my anxiety really gets going....when really, the person I am giving the card to will love it and not have a second thought about it.  The layout I did, I changed the whole thing 3 times before I finally settled on one that I still worried about if it was good enough.  I try to compete with all the amazingly talented people on the internet but I have to stop.  I may craft like a child but I am just getting started and I am improving every day...I will never be able to keep up with everyone else.  Most of them have way more experience than I do, as well as more time and more money to keep up with the trends!  I need to just scrap for me and let that be enough because really, I am the one who will look at it over and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment