Monday, September 28, 2015

My reality check

I am always optimistic about how much I can get done.  When I tell my husband I have about a half hour left, he knows that usually means about 2 hours...I am not a great judge of time, AND I am just REALLY slow at crafting.  So we went on vacation and I figured since it was vacation, I would have a lot of free time to craft...somehow I forgot my kids would still be with us taking up all my time.  So I got about 10 or so sets of files all ready and cut out, and took them to the cabin.  I think I got one piece done, and one small set.  All the other sets are still just sitting in my little case.  I thought I did the hard part but I still can't seem to find the time to piece them.  I have also realized that doing multiple pieces is difficult, but doing multiple sets is very difficult.  After you get everything cut, you still have to organize all the pieces to figure out where everything goes, except now there are a ton of pieces to sort...I just finished working on 3 different sets at the same time....I kind of burnt myself out, it was too much and it took way too long...luckily I finished them in time.
Here are the pieces I did manage to finish.  They are both from Kadoodle Bug Designs. http://kadoodlebugdesigns.com/shop/ One is just pieces (I love you this much), the other one (Cutie Katoodle Skunk) I did a quick layout for some pictures I have, but I'm not too sure about it, so I haven't glued anything down yet.  On the skunk I did one regular, and I flipped one and left some flowers off and added some Halloween pieces from Got Treats.   I also made my own title.

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment