Saturday, January 3, 2015

Catching up

I haven't done much scrapping in the last month.  Seperating my regular digital files from the tag sized ones has proved to be even more difficult and tedious than originally imagined.  I thought I could just sort them by dpi, which is how I know which is which.  My computer won't list the dpi for page elements so I have to go off of pixels.  I don't know which pixels are enough to print so I go through and find each kit and look at every element size.  I know the paper has to be 3600.  So basically you take the pixel size and divide it by 300 which will give you how big the element can be to print at 300 dpi.  (3600x3600 divided by 300 gives me 12x12)  But some of the elements I know are full sized seem small and some of the tag sized elements seem large enough.  So I am still battling that out.  I thought I was almost finished.  I got all of my files sorted but I am still finding some within my software so I need to go through it again.  This "mistake" has sure taken the fun out of my scrapbooking.  I need to get it finished and quit spending all my time organizing my files and just scrap!
Also I haven't done any paper piecings because the layout challenge I usually do hasn't been available because the owner was moving last month so she has been busy.  Plus with all of the holiday activities I have been busy as well.  So I am hoping now to get going again.  I bought a bunch of new patterns from different places and I'm excited to try them out.
When I first got started actually scrapping, right away a couple of sites were doing DT calls, so I applied to 2 of them.  I didn't get either one, which I was okay with because I thought I need to get used to my software and find my own style anyway.  I knew I wasn't even close to being ready to apply for a paper piecing position, but I felt better at digital.  Now I feel like I am ready for either one.  You have to build up your experience somewhere right?  There are a few of my favorite sites having a paper piecing DT call right now.  I don't have the time commitments for some of them but I am really excited about Scrappy Dew.  I feel like I can meet the requirements and it will be really fun.  So I will try again.  I think this will be a great push to get back into things and keep me working toward my goal.  I have a feeling if I get this one I will go a little crazy and complete more than the minimum requirements.

No comments:

Post a Comment