Friday, May 22, 2015

Cookies

Isn't it amazing how you can give a child one tiny piece of something and they can spread it everywhere?!  I gave my son an M&M once and I couldn't believe how much he managed to turn blue...it was only one!  Ha ha they sure make for some cute pictures though.  I saw the set I Love Cookies from Marjorie Ann Designs http://marjorieanndesigns.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=164_192&products_id=1355  I thought it would be perfect to go with some pictures I have of a certain chocolate faced little cutie.  One oreo can go a long way when you smoosh it on your face!
I tried a couple of new things for this layout.  This was my first time doing print then cut.  It turned out pretty well...I did have to trim a few of the edges a little but I love that from this picture, you can't tell that I did that.  I also used pop dots for the first time, which unfortunately you also can't tell from the picture.  In addition to the print then cut, I printed a few of the svg pieces so I could pop them up and add some dimension.  The svg pieces were all lined with black where the jpeg was not so I need to look into that a little more...go back and check the pieced png file and see if it was also lined....I just trimmed the black off and it worked fine for this time.  I sure needed a time saver and I am happy with the result!

No comments:

Post a Comment