Thursday, June 11, 2015

Boys will be boys

I have four boys...I have seen a lot of crazy things!  They are definitely destructive and full of energy.  My boys haven't been too obsessed with bugs and critters thank goodness, but they have made plenty of messes.  We did have a frog end up in our window sill once and the boys enjoyed watching it...from inside.  They also enjoyed digging for worms (they also like rolley polley bugs and lady bugs).  I found the file boys will be boys from Marjorie Ann Designs here http://marjorieanndesigns.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=164_192&products_id=1399 (Original artwork by Kristi W)
I decided this would be a great file to work with!
I decided to try print then cut again with this file...I tried the svg, png, seperated png and I still got the black lines around the edges so I had to trim everything, ink it, or make it purposefully black.  I decided I would not try print then cut anymore after this....except then I went back in and found out how to change the line color!  That is what I needed...there are some pieces that would have more than one line color but most of the accent pieces would be one color and it would work perfectly!  I love learning new things.  Even a slow progression is still progression!  So again it is hard to tell in the picture, but I printed extra pieces and popped them up for dimension.  I also added chalk to the dirt to make it look dirtier.  Next thing I need to work on is doing a border around the edge of my pages so they don't look as plain....one day!  I do like the way this page turned out it does bring a lot of memories with it!  Thanks for stopping by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment