Monday, June 15, 2015

First Birthday with Elmo and Cookie Monster

For my son's first birthday, I chose the theme of Elmo and Cookie Monster.  We ended up doing a cake smash with just our little family, but then some of the extended family said they wanted to come see, so he got to have another little cake!  As usual with the treats, I just find a picture I like on the internet and change it up to meet my needs.  He was a little timid getting into the cake at first, but by the end he was eating fistfulls!
For this layout, I used cutting files from Marjorie Ann Designs (Original artwork by Kristi W)  I combined Baby's First Birthday http://marjorieanndesigns.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=197&products_id=1319 and Monster Street http://marjorieanndesigns.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=204&products_id=1363
I put the one with elmo instead of the fish tank...I only used one candle on the cake...and I put the baby and cookie monster (who I flipped) by the cake, I couldn't decide if I wanted cookie monster to be all blue, but ended up going with the child face because it is so cute!  Now the baby with the present is originally bald, but my babies all had a lot of hair, so I gave him some hair...but I must have sized it wrong because it ended up making him look like kind of a fat head!  For the 2 baby faces, I used Dew Drop stamps from Scrappy Dew and Just baby stamps from Peachy Keen.

I don't know why this picture is sideways...it is correct everywhere but this page?  These are the cakes and cupcakes I made for his party!  

I was so surprised at how hesitant he was. 

I don't think he likes having messy fingers...he is trying to wipe the frosting off!  

This is more like it...he is older now, and quite the goody freak!

No comments:

Post a Comment