Tuesday, June 30, 2015

It's me...Mario

I am so excited about this layout.  I saw the file by Kristi W. and Marjorie Ann Designs made it into a cutting file, you can find it here http://marjorieanndesigns.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=204&products_id=1465  I knew right away what I wanted to do with it!  My sons were trying to tell me which one was Mario and which was Luigi...and then he wanted me to add a little talk bubble that said it's me...Ezekiel (instead of Mario)  I left the mustaches off of the boys and changed the hair color to match my boys as well as the initials on the hats!
I still haven't figured out how to display a 2 page layout next to each other...some sort of picture collage site I am sure but for now this is what works.
I knew right away that I would make the mystery boxes be the photo mats (I added the question marks for the display and will move them and add the pictures later.)  I made them 3x3 Then when I was working on the bottom trying to figure out how to size the pipes, I decided to use them as a photo mat as well.  They are roughly 4x6!

I had originally planned to make a one page layout and was going to say my super guy but decided to do a 2 page spread of both of them, to use some of the pictures I have of them playing together.  I went from my super guys, my super little guys, my 2 super brothers but what looked the best was the 2 super bros.  I found the font on dafont.com and it worked perfectly!  
If you have read my posts, you know I don't like tiny pieces so with the turtle, bricks, and the flower, I copied them and subtracted the little pieces out and put the outline on top, instead of placing each tiny piece.  I like the ability to choose, if I ever sell stuff I will probably need to do it the original way, but for now, I usually subtract it.  Marjorie Ann files are good because most of them the small pieces are in a group, still clustered in the correct position, so I can just move them all at once.  

For the bottom part, I used the same bricks as the top, I just sliced one of the rows off the top!  I made the one up guy and the star a little too big, so they didn't fit anywhere, but I ended up adding the mushroom after the title to help balance it out.  I really like the way it all turned out!  

Oh and when I got the Scrappy Dew facial stamp set 2, I thought the eyes looked like turtle eyes, so when I did this page, I knew right away that I had to try the stamp on the turtle...I think it worked nicely. 
As always, thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment