Monday, November 16, 2015

Last Designer Post

Well I got my final 2 files from Marjorie Ann Designs but I called one of them Boys at play because that is the title, but the file is really called Building Buddies...I got the Boys will be boys file instead, which I already have so I guess that makes this my last post.  This is the Night before Christmas filehttp://marjorieanndesigns.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=164_192&products_id=1544 and I thought it would be cute to do pictures of the quiet night before.  I always take pictures of the presents around the tree and one of each of my sleeping boys.  I decided to do print and cut with these pieces and I still haven't figured out how to get the nice cuts like other people do.  I saw someone else that was even able to cut between items within the image (like the banister).  I traced this as the outside and it traced things in the middle like the eyeballs to cut so I traced again and tried to get it to cut the banister but it did a pretty sloppy job.  It may be my cheap paper or I may need to play with settings.  I had to go back to the silhouette mat for this because it cuts way off with the cricut mat.  I thought with the registration marks, you could put the paper wherever you wanted and it would cut within those marks, so it shouldn't matter which mat I use...but apparently it still goes of the edge of the mat...there has to be a different way for that...maybe I am setting the cut up wrong....anyway off with the tangent.  I thought it was cute that the file has mice as the characters, to go along with the story...usually I don't do too many with mice.  This is not all the way finished...I still need to make a title and finalize placement but you get the idea.


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment