Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Piles of Fun

We kind of missed out on playing in the leaves this year.  We usually drive up the canyon when the leaves change and take pictures.  We also go to the park and play in the millions of leaves but the seasons were so mixed this year that the leaves barely changed at all and once they fell it was all the sudden over and done with, and now it's winter.  I have enjoyed having some actual fall weather though, it usually is too hot then only 1 or 2 weeks of fall then winter.  Anyway...I have these really cute pictures of my oldest two boys playing in the leaves.  I saw this file at Scrappy Dew http://www.scrappydew.com/products/piles-of-smiles/?aff=4 and I thought it was so cute...but I held off getting it for a while because I just thought there was going to be a million tiny pieces to put together.  Finally I decided it was cute enough to be worth it...and I was pleasantly surprised.  There really aren't that many pieces, they made this very well so that it looks full but isn't too difficult.  The only problem I had with it is I think I lost a couple or few leaves but I didn't even remake them, I just made it work with a few less leaves and it is still adorable. (The file is currently on sale this week)  I used the Dew Drop Facial expressions on the faces.  I am still having some slight issues with stamping so if anyone has any tips on what the best way to cover it is I would love to hear them.  I am getting better but not consistent in getting a clean image.  I was using a colorbox ink and it didn't seem to hit everywhere or go on dark enough.  I switched to Stazon and that stuff is sticky.  It dries fast and is very permanent, I don't really like it so I'm still looking for a good dark, easy to use ink for these.


Here are the pages laid together.  I think they turned out really cute!  
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Love the layout, Nadia!

    Yes, same thing happened here as well. It was still very warm, then bam it got cold and the next day all the leaves dropped from the trees. LOL

    MichelleMyBelle
    DT Leader and Facebook ADMIN for ScrappyDew.com

    ReplyDelete